This install guide describes the process of doing a small farm installation. In the article Distributed Installation, we will discuss the characteristics of medium-sized and large farms.
- Select the language for your installation and confirm with “OK”. You can choose between German and English. Please note: The language can later be changed anytime.
- Click “Next” to start the installation.
- Carefully read the license agreement and accept it. Please click “Next” to continue.
- Choose the folder where SwissWize Data Suite MX® will be installed. Please click “Next” to continue.
- You can then choose between a new PostgreSQL server which will be installed, an existing PostgreSQL server, a Microsoft SQL Server or a Microsoft SQL Server Express as your data storage. SwissWize Data Suite MX® will work on all of these storages. We recommend to use the Microsoft SQL Server Express version only for small environments (read also Topologies and System Requirements).
- If you choose to install a PostgreSQL 9.5 server along with SwissWize Data Suite MX®, you can choose the installation path which will also contain all the data. Please ensure that there is enough storage space on the disk. A rough estimation of the necessary space is around 1GB per 1 million items.If you’d like to make PostgreSQL accessible in your network, you should check the “Add a firewall rule to open this port”.
The PostgreSQL server will run on the specified port on the current machine. The username for the super user is “postgres”. The default password for the user is “postgres” but we recommend to change it.
To continue you must accept the PostgreSQL license agreement and then click “Next”.
- If you wish to connect to an existing PostgreSQL server, you must specify the connection details. Click “Test connection” at least once to verify your input before proceeding to the next step. During the first installation, you should see a hint that a new database will be created using the given name. This database will become the so-called master database. All configurations are saved here later. The master database serves as a communication tool of the individual components.
- You will only see this instruction if you decided to use the SQL Server Express version beforehand. Otherwise, you will proceed to the next step.
- If you decided for the SQL Server Express version, the field “Server” is prefilled and the port is empty. Otherwise, you have to add the corresponding details.SwissWize Data Suite MX® can use the Integrated Windows Authentication (SSPI) for connecting to the SQL server. Alternatively, enter an SQL user and a password, and check your entry by “Test connection”.
During the first installation, select “Create DB” and indicate your name. This database will become the so-called master database. All configurations are saved here later. The master database serves as a communication tool of the individual components.
- Select the components to be installed. The installation of a small farm requires you to keep all components selected.
- To allow that the service has access to the master database using Integrated Security, enter a Windows user and a password that has the read and write permission for the database. Verify your credentials by clicking “Test” before continuing.
Please note: This step will only be displayed if you install the inspector and/or the workflow manager.
- Now all settings are configured. Click “Install” to start the installation process.
- The setup will install all desired components and services. If an error message occurs because the service can’t be started, follow the instructions in this chapter “What Needs to be done if the Service Doesn’t Start”.
After a successful installation, complete the installation process with “Finish”. If you select “Launch SwissWize Data Suite MX Cockpit”, you will directly get to the cockpit.